Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Messin Around

Our Assistant Chief is also the Pierce Rep for this area. This works out well for us because whenever he has a piece of apparatus on loan from Pierce to demo he brings it by the department for us to play with. This past weekend we all got together for lunch and some flag football. Afterward (when our legs were nice and fatigued from playing football for a couple of hours) we extended the ladder all the way out and took turns climbing it. I have climbed much higher ladder trucks in my time as a firefighter. Edmond has a 105 footer I had to climb to the top of while it was extended strait up into the air on a windy day. This Quint is only a 75 footer but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to climb something I hadn't yet climbed. It was windy on Sunday as well...this always makes it more interesting...the tip of the ladder will sway back and forth as much as 2-3 feet in both directions if the wind hits it right. (click for big pics)looking up
I'm at the top (in off-duty garb)...looking for my house...still looking.
FOUND IT! See guys, there it is over there.Matt taking his turn.On his way down
Eli at the top
When Eli was about halfway down Luke climbed in the truck and blasted the air horn. This is Eli's reaction.


Good times...I want one!

3 comments:

kuliejellogg said...

I'm so glad God makes us all different.

Jesse Baggett said...

Whew, what a rush!

Tracy said...

I'm glad there's people that love doing stuff like that. Goodness!