Friday, April 3, 2009

Town Hall For HOPE

I am so tired of the fear-mongering that has been going around in both government and especially media over the past several months. I have even had to limit my exposure to the media lately because I started to become aware of how it was affecting me. Just watch 30 minutes of any news channel and tell me you don't feel a little dirty, a little darker, or maybe even a little bit of anger. I have had some first hand experience with the media through the fire service and it is evident that the media for the most part no longer reports the news...they are in the business of making the news and most of it is negative.
I was proud that my church had invited Dave Ramsey to speak to us over the past three weeks and remind everyone that would listen that we serve a God that is so much bigger than any of the trash the world would have us believe. The same God that says: "For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, For the world is Mine, and all it contains...Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me."(versus found in Psalm 50)
Refreshing huh?

I'm not sure if it came about through Dave's being at our church or if it was planned before, but I am so glad that this truth and a message of hope will soon reach a lot more people.



It's going to be available all over the place...check it out!
http://www.townhallforhope.com/

5 comments:

kuliejellogg said...

So true - I always think of this when I sing "This Is My Father's World." Thank you for the scripture.

Jesse Baggett said...

Dave Ramsey is my best friend's hero. I've been wanting to listen too him sometime, especially if he's positive!

Bruce said...

You should host a showing in Duncan!

Bag Blog said...

If you place your hope in the earthly, you will be disappointed. Our citizenship is in His Kingdom and that is where our hope is. I am glad you are being positive - a light in this world showing no fear of the world, but only fearing God.

Dave Miller said...

we are hosting the live broadcast here at the Creek!